UrbanWords is passionate about generating debate and sharing best practice.
UrbanWords manages A Place For Words, a website, supported by Arts Council England, which brings together case studies, articles and ideas about how creative writing relates to place-making and regeneration. Please visit A Place For Words and have a look around.
Sarah Butler regularly writes articles and gives presentations about her work at UrbanWords. Recent articles and events include:
- Conference presentation at Playing in Urban Places, Leeds Met University, October 2008
- Roundtable discussion on writing and regeneration at TINAG festival November 2008
- Publications in Mslexia, New Start Mag, NAWE and NALD journals
- Talk at Arnolifi, Bristol, as part of public art programme, October 2008
Creative writing and consultation workshop, Create KX, November 2008
- Writing and regeneration presentation at Moving Manchester Conference, September 2009
- Writing and public art seminar/workshop, NAWE Conference, November 2009
- Panel debate: Artists and Regeneration – Why Do It? Architecture Network, February 2010
- Presentation at Writing and Urban Space, University of Surrey, April 2010
- Roundtable discussions as part of Creative Intersections, RSA, 2012
- Panel at ASAP5, Detroit, October 2013
Many of these articles are available as free downloads on the A Place For Words website.